1. What is the service plan I can get from Exede?
Exede12 is available to WWest Communications customers with download speeds of up to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 3 Mbps. All the regions covered by this plan have the same speed and the variation only comes in the level of data allowance. Just call us at 1-866-484-8686 and we will inform you about the plan available in your area.
2. How is it possible to provide such high speeds using a satellite service? Is it because of your new satellite?
Our new satellite has made a major breakthrough in the world of satellite Internet. The construction of the new ViaSat satellite system started in 2008. The system employed the most advanced technology to date and the fast Exede broadband service is its result. It uses ViaSat-1, an innovative satellite launched in October 2011. The satellite was designed with a capacity of more than one million subscribers, which is more than the total capacity of all the communication satellites serving North America.
3. Are the fast speeds due to the satellite’s high capacity?
Our fast speeds are not just because of this. The system uses breakthrough Web acceleration technology that speeds up the way Web pages load. While the high capacity enhances speed, this innovative technology allows users to enjoy a snappier browsing experience. In addition, the sophisticated equipment used allows you to get the most of our services.
4. Why should I choose your services over the existing satellite Internet services? Will I be able to do new things?
You will get a completely new satellite Internet experience with the revolutionary Exede broadband service. Some of the things you can enjoy include:
- Watching TV shows and streaming videos with relatively less buffering.
- Improved video chat without jitters and lag.
- Share more photos with friends and family
- Streaming and downloading music.
- Enjoying super-fast Web browsing and emailing experience.
- Connecting multiple computers, Web-enabled TVs, tablet devices and smart phones.
In time, we are also rolling out other enhanced services, including voice.
5. Will my service stop when I reach my data allowance for a given month?
If you reach the limit, you will still get our services but at reduced speeds. When your usage is reset to zero at the start of the next month, we will restore your fast speed. There is always the option to upgrade your plan at no extra cost.
6. Is it possible for me to get Exede broadband service if I already use WildBlue?
Yes. We always give our valued customers the chance to upgrade and enjoy our new services. We have set up a Priority Upgrade Program specifically for our existing customers, with installations expected to start in April. You will need an Exede modem and satellite dish.
Please call us at 1-866-484-8686 so we can provide you with all the details, including any necessary fees.
Exede service details
Wahkiakum West is an authorized Dealer for Exede.
Exede is a service mark of ViaSat, Inc.
Some content may be the copyright of ViaSat, Inc.
*Claim based on the file download speed comparison between exede12 service and 3.1 Mbps average DSL service as defined by this FCC study of US broadband perfomance: