WWestIQ is an application developed by WWest Communications, Inc. for use by subscribers of broadband service providers (BSPs) who purchase cloud and software services from WWest Communications, Inc. WWest Communications, Inc. is a processor of (or service provider for) its BSP’s subscriber personal information under applicable privacy and data protection laws. Your BSP provider is the controller of (or business for) its subscriber personal information. In other words, your BSP determines how and why your information is processed. As such, subscribers should refer to their BSP’s privacy notice for details on how the BSP processes subscriber personal information.
Children Under the Age of 16
The App is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and on behalf of its BSPs, WWest Communications does not knowingly collect personal data of children under 16, without parental consent. If WWest Communications learns that personal data from a child under 16 has been obtained or received without verification of parental consent, WWest Communications will delete that information. If you believe WWest Communications might have any information from or about a child under 16, please notify WWest Communications by completing a Request Form (clicking the link will take you to TrustArc, whom WWest Communications has engaged to assist with personal information requests).
How WWest Communications Collects Your Information
On behalf of your BSP, WWest Communications collects and processes information provided directly by you when you install the App and register for an account to use the App. Specifically, this information includes:
- Your name, email address, password/pin, preferred language, and your account number with your BSP;
- Information about the equipment deployed at your premises that you choose to connect to the App such as the MAC address, serial number or other unique identifier for your router;
- Data insights WWest Communications attains based on correlation and analytics of your information collected in providing the App, and user-associated analytics to improve the quality of the app experience.
How WWest Communications Uses the Information
- Provide you with the App and the Services/notifications provided through the App as described in the Agreement;
- Implement, improve and/or enhance the App or to provide App features, including to make future releases available to you;
- Enforce WWest Communications’ rights arising from the Agreement between you and WWest Communications; and
- Fulfill any other purpose authorized by you and reasonably required for the App.
Disclosure of Information
WWest Communications discloses the information to its subsidiaries, affiliates and certain third-party vendors and contractors that provide development, integration, web hosting and consulting services to WWest Communications to provide you with the App, to maintain, support, develop, improve and/or enhance the App and to fulfill WWest Communications obligations associated with the App.
WWest Communications may be required to disclose information under certain circumstances:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce WWest Communications’ rights arising from the Agreement entered into between you and WWest Communications;
- If WWest Communications believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WWest Communications, its customers or other third parties; or
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WWest Communications’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which your information and/or your subscriber information held by WWest Communications are among the assets transferred.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Information
Accessing and Correcting Information
You can (a) access and review your contact information, and (b) correct your contact information, by logging into the App and visiting the settings page. To access, review or correct any other information, please reach out to your BSP.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. WWest Communications utilizes mechanisms such as intrusion detection systems, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls and encryption to secure information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
WWest Communications deploys Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) to alert and proactively contain potential threats. Enhanced security visibility and coverage is enabled through added layers of firewall and IDS beyond the network perimeter. Management connections to servers are always authenticated and encrypted via Secure Shell (SSH) when administration access is required for troubleshooting, patch management, and upgrades.
WWest Communications runs automated vulnerability scanning on all perimeter systems to identify potential security risks. Scanning applications are regularly updated to remain current and up to date on important security vulnerabilities. Patches are applied to all relevant systems unless a compensating control is implemented.
WWest Communications uses a variety of industry-standard security technologies and best practices to help protect information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. All data stored on the WWest Communications systems is encrypted following industry standards using the strongest keys and ciphers. All communications with the App are protected with industry standard security protocols.
You control access to your account. You must keep your login credentials and passwords secure and protected and maintained as confidential. WWest Communications is not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures provided.
Last updated: Feb 2024